Saturday, April 23, 2011

Fancy Favor Bunny Basket!


I wanted to make some 'quick' little table favors for Easter. So here I am the day before, with grocery shopping to do, the house to clean up, the never-ending laundry... and oh so many other to-do list things... and I finally decided on these little baskets! I guess I've always been a work-better-under-pressure kind of person.

I decided to make a basket similar to one I had done last year with the Fancy Favor die. And I even took some pictures along the way to show you how I did it!


First I used the Big Shot and the Fancy Favor die and cut out a basket. Then I scored it so that from the bottom score line up it measures 2 1/2". This gives the little fold over part.



Next I cut off the little end corner of the edging, and added a piece of Sticky Strip on the tab piece.

* On my final basket - I ran it through the Big Shot with the squares texturz plate at this step. I had to do it in two parts to make it work, but the seam ends up on the side of the basket so it's not too noticeable.



Then fold over the little scored edge part. and stick the basket ends together. I like the basket a little shorter like this for something different!



Fold up the bottom parts and Sticky Strip the last flap.



I made a 1/2" strip of cardstock (it was the leftover after I cut the Fancy Favor box). And I kept it simple, and just stuck the ends down to the inside bottom of the basket. I thought about brads... but kept it basic!



And then I used a tutorial by Mercedes Weber for the bunny. I added a Wide Oval for his body so I could stick him to the inside of the basket (and stuck his paws on the outside).


Finally, I put some grass in it, and added a little Taffeta bow on the side. I think I'll put some with pink bows (for the girls), and and some with blue bows (for the boys). And, of course, the baskets are finished off with the 'goods' inside - lots of chocolates and a plastic egg with jelly beans!


Well, I better be off to re-prioritize my to-do list today - and make 8 more of these!!


Have a happy Saturday,


Julie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh.Wow! This is adorable! Love that bunny. TFS